Specialist Animal Surgery
Our team of veterinary surgeons are dedicated to helping you and your pet when they require a surgical procedure. The team at VRH bring specialist experience in small animal surgery to the highest professional standards.
We are also passionate about providing the best possible post-procedural care with regular follow-ups and checks to ensure your pet’s wellbeing.
We welcome and encourage referring veterinarians and pet owners to contact us throughout the referral process to facilitate case management.
Our surgeons have a strong focus on improving patient outcomes through the considered application of current knowledge and the evolution of surgical practice and techniques by clinical research.
Our specialist surgery services include:
- Orthopaedic surgery: treatment of traumatic, hereditary, and developmental orthopaedic diseases including techniques such as:
- Cruciate ligament surgery (TPLO/TTA/Tightrope)
- Minimally invasive percutaneous plates osteosynthesis (MIPPO) and locking plates
- Sliding humeral osteotomy
- Triple pelvic osteotomy (TPO)
- Joint replacement
- Soft tissue surgery: involving a range of procedures for the treatment of musculocutaneous, respiratory, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatobiliary and renal conditions
- Minimally invasive surgery: including laparoscopic and thoracoscopic procedures, as well as assisted procedures, for indications including:
- Cystic calculi removal
- Lung lobectomy
- Neurosurgery: including fluoroscopic and CT spinal imaging, spinal surgery including intervertebral disc disease, and acquired congenital or degenerative spinal conditions
- Oncologic surgery: wide tumour excision including advanced, cosmetic and reconstructive techniques
- Interventional radiology: including angiography, stenting and some coiling procedures
The VRH animal surgery team accepts both internal and external referrals for treatment.